forrest-user mailing list archives

From Cameron McCormack <...@mcc.id.au>
Subject Calling forrest from ant with a specific project.build-dir
Date Wed, 22 Nov 2006 01:23:11 GMT
Hi again.

I’m calling forrest with an exec from my ant build.xml, but I’d like
Forrest’s project.build-dir property to be set based on some properties
in my build file.  To test it out first, I’ve been trying this from the
command line:

  $ forrest -Dproject.build-dir=blah site

but with that, Forrest tells me:

  X [0]  linkmap.html  BROKEN: /usr/local/apache-forrest-0.7/main/webapp/blah/tmp/build-info.xml
(No such file or directory)

as if it is resolving the relative path "blah" with a base of
main/webapp from within Forrest’s installation directory.  In my
forrest.properties, I notice that the default value of project.build-dir
is ${project.home}/build, so I guess ${project.home} is initialised to
be the current directory when Forrest starts.  I can’t access that
${project.home} variable from the command line though.

Any suggestion on how I can make the build go under the current
directory (apart from doing something like `pwd` in command line, since
it needs to be cross platform)?

Thanks,

Cameron

--