forrest-user mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thorsten.scherler....@juntadeandalucia.es>
Subject Re: Calling forrest from ant with a specific project.build-dir
Date Wed, 22 Nov 2006 08:30:44 GMT
On Wed, 2006-11-22 at 11:23 +1000, Cameron McCormack wrote:
> Hi again.
>
> I’m calling forrest with an exec from my ant build.xml, but I’d like
> Forrest’s project.build-dir property to be set based on some properties
> in my build file.  To test it out first, I’ve been trying this from the
> command line:
>
>   $ forrest -Dproject.build-dir=blah site
>
> but with that, Forrest tells me:

>   X [0]  linkmap.html  BROKEN: /usr/local/apache-forrest-0.7/main/webapp/blah/tmp/build-info.xml
(No such file or directory)

> as if it is resolving the relative path "blah" with a base of
> main/webapp from within Forrest’s installation directory.  In my
> forrest.properties, I notice that the default value of project.build-dir
> is ${project.home}/build, so I guess ${project.home} is initialised to
> be the current directory when Forrest starts.  I can’t access that
> ${project.home} variable from the command line though.

Hmm, works for me with and but normally doing:
forrest -Dproject.home=`pwd`/exporter
should work.

> Any suggestion on how I can make the build go under the current
> directory (apart from doing something like `pwd` in command line, since
> it needs to be cross platform)?

<antcall target="forrest.site">
      <param name="project.home" location="${exporter.home}" />
      <param name="project.start-uri"
location="/summaries/${bulletin.year}/${bulletin.number}/index.html" />
      <param name="project.build-dir"
location="${build.dir}/exporter/summaries"></param>
    </antcall>

I have a main ant file in my customer which is the parent of
${exporter.home}.

tree .
`--exporter

By changing the project.home I can invoke the site generation from my
base app.

salu2