forrest-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Emmel <em...@abaqus.de>
Subject Re: newbie: how to use own css-files and attributes within html-source
Date Mon, 06 Nov 2006 08:11:55 GMT
Hi Chris.

On Sat, 2006-11-04 at 11:29 +0100, C. Grobmeier wrote:
> Hello Thomas,
>
> i think you are using Version 0.7, right?

No, 0.8dev

> > However since most of our source documents will be or are native html or
> > xhtml1 we use Nvu to edit and finish these documents and we use our own
> > css-stylesheet.
>
> See this:
> http://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_70/your-project.html#skins

seems to be promising!

> Please open then skinconf.xml in your editor. Pay attention to the
> extra-css section. In the documentation in this file has been written:
>
> "extra-css - here you can define custom css-elements that are
>      A) overriding the fallback elements or
>      B) adding the css definition from new elements that you may have
>         used in your documentation."
>
> In Addition, you maybe like this link:
> http://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_70/howto/howto-editcss.html

Never used that plugin but I will try. However the Howto mentioned at
the bottom of the page is nowhere.

> > Is this true and are we forced to write xml?
>
> You will find this link helpful (make: forrest run before):
> http://forrest.apache.org/dtdx/document-v20.dtdx.html

Fine, I will study that if I got more time...

Currently I am using the extra-css ( not very straight forward) and
modify html-to-document.xml (arrg, changing the sources). But I will
follow
your links and see what happens.

Thanks a lot

Thomas