forrest-user mailing list archives

From "Paul Bolger" <pbol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Changing font size/type
Date Mon, 16 Oct 2006 03:11:24 GMT
For some reason I didn't see your reply Gav, so sorry for not
responding quicker. One of the vagaries of Gmail I think.
To clarify a bit:

> > >   font-family: verdana, "Trebuchet MS", arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
> > >   font-size: 100%;
> > > }
> >
> > -isn't 100% the default value for font-size anyway?
>
> Smarty Pants is fine with me :) And yes it is default, I mentioned that
> Toward the end of my reply.

Yep, stupid stupid, read whole post before going off paul.

>  As a general rule
> > 'don't-use-upper-case' - it just confuses the issue.
>
> True and I'll suitably chastice my mail program for insisting on converting
> The first letter of every line to uppercase.

I was more referring to the use of capitalisation in the font-family
names, IMV it's not good practise.

> I agree, with using the forrest css as examples I used them as is. I think
> We both agree that the CSS still needs further work, I'm not sure it is an
> Issue to get the next release out the door, but needs doing. Now David is
> Going to spin out if we start prodding holes on our own CSS whilst at the
> Same time recommending it to him as the way to go. Hopefully we haven't put
> Him off ;)

> > The 'small' in the font declaration is being overridden by the
> > font-size - no point in overriding your own rules :)
>
> Absolutely, do you want to go over the CSS Paul and see what else you
> Can find, there is an Issue on Jira already for CSS Cleanup.

I'll try and take a look. I've thought for a while that it would be a
really good idea to separate the CSS for the navigation into
'interface' and 'style'. Most of the time you really shouldn't need to
touch the interface stuff - unless you are *intending* to break it!

> Thanks for your input Paul, good to see you still about.
>
> Gav...

Thanks to you too Gav, thought for a while my comments had resulted in
a stony silence...
BTW I was encouraged to see that Cyriaque is working on the odt plugin
- if it worked well it could really make Forrest for my purposes.

paul