forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Changing page layout
Date Fri, 27 Oct 2006 11:14:08 GMT
C. Grobmeier wrote:

>> See the above linked document, all is explained in there (although
>> maybe not clearly enough, patches welcome). In particular for changing
>> colours  (as opposed to layout) see the skinconf.xml file, with
>> particular attention to the <extra-css> and <colors> elements.
>>

> Thanks, i saw and read that. But i also want to change the layout of the
> tabs and f.e. switch the menu to the right etc. I think this cannot be
> done with extra css, or can i?

Yes, you can - just try it you'll see the results more quiclkly than by
writing an email and waiting for a response.

If you are doing major changes you may want to consider building a new
skin, again see the linked document for details. It's a judgement call
on your part as to which is the most appropriate method for your use case.

Ross