forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <>
Subject Re: embedding an external web page
Date Mon, 16 Oct 2006 11:14:05 GMT
Holly Edelson wrote:
> Hi,
> Is there a method of embedding an external web page into a forrest project? I believe
this to be possible with the Forrest project sitemap, as an <xinclude> but am not sure
the format or location to insert into:

What do you mean embed? Do you mean with all the existing navigation of
the original site or do you want to strip that and just have the content?

If using skins and you want to strip existing navigation then see [1]

With the dispatcher or some other view rendering technology it's even
easier but I won't go into that now.

If you just want to embed the raw page than use XInclude or an IFrame
(both require either your own DTD or the use of invalid XML so turn off
validation). There are recent discussions on how to do it in this and
the dev list.

View raw message