forrest-user mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Dispatcher] Locate theme
Date Mon, 30 Oct 2006 09:51:23 GMT
On Fri, 2006-10-27 at 21:14 +0200, C. Grobmeier wrote:
> Hi all,
> i have found my problem.
> $PROJECT_HOME/documentation/resources/structurer/url/cg.fv
> this worked- but i must have it named pelt.fv and i must have it in my
> forrest.properties.xml as:
>
>    <property name="dispatcher.theme" value="pelt"/>

This property is used to set the name of the theme you want to use.

If you e.g. use
 <property name="dispatcher.theme" value="common"/>

and have $PROJECT_HOME/src/documentation/resources/themes/common.fv in
your project this local theme will be taken. Now if you want "cg" you
would need to have:
<property name="dispatcher.theme" value="cg"/> and
$PROJECT_HOME/src/documentation/resources/themes/cg.fv (alternatively
$PROJECT_HOME/src/documentation/resources/structurer/url/cg.fv)

So which theme to use is defined in forrest.properties.xml by <property
name="dispatcher.theme" value="myTheme"/> and the corresponding
structurer definition.

> I don't know why this is like this, but in my case everything else
> doesn't work. I haven't tried out if value="common" and a copy of
> common.fv works. I will do this tomorrow.

This is how I am doing it on http://criaturitas.org/:
I have defined an index.fv in
src/documentation/resources/structurer/url/ to make the first page
different from the rest.

http://criaturitas.org/start.html for example is rendered via my local
version of the common structurer. See the source and find <meta
content="common" name="Forrest-theme-name">.. I have a local copy of
common.fv in src/documentation/resources/themes.

tree src/documentation/resources/themes
src/documentation/resources/themes
|-- common
|   |-- css
|   |   `-- cdk.css
|   |-- html
|   |-- images
|   `-- js
`-- common.fv

why I am using the common? because this way if I need to override a
common contract I can just place it in the html dir and it will be the
default implementation for all themes I may develop.

> If you can explain that to me- i am eager to hear :-)
> Thanks for your help,

Hope this explains it a wee bit. Please keep on asking.

You may want to send patches for our documentation if you find something
unclear.

salu2
--
thorsten