forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <>
Subject Re: Installing Plugins
Date Mon, 11 Sep 2006 15:00:31 GMT
Markus Flach wrote:
> "Ross Gardler" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>>Markus Flach wrote:
>>>If i would like to install plugins! where do i have o extract the zip
> file?
>>You don't. Just add them to your file as describe in
>>the plugin docs on the website [1]
>>>Are the plugins for the seeded pages directory or the installed forrest
>>All plugins, whether they come from a seeded site or are added later by
>>yourself (via will automatically be downloaded and
>>installed when you first run Forrest after adding the plugin requirement.
> Thanks ross
> About the automatic download. i got some problems with it.

What problems do you have with the auto download mechanism? A number of
issues have been fixed in 0.8-dev,  but you may be experiencing
something new.

> So what i did i
> downloaded some plugins manually form
> and extracted them in my forrest programm folder C:\forrest\build\plugins .
> Is that a problem it if i do that manually like that?

Some plugins will work like this, some will not (it all depends on
whether there is a compilation stage required during install).

There are instructions on how to correctly install plugins in the plugin

View raw message