forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Installing Plugins
Date Mon, 11 Sep 2006 15:00:31 GMT
Markus Flach wrote:

> "Ross Gardler" <rgardler@apache.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>
>>Markus Flach wrote:
>>
>>>hello
>>>
>>>If i would like to install plugins! where do i have o extract the zip
>
> file?
>
>>You don't. Just add them to your forrest.properties file as describe in
>>the plugin docs on the website [1]
>>

>>>Are the plugins for the seeded pages directory or the installed forrest
>>>directory?
>>
>>All plugins, whether they come from a seeded site or are added later by
>>yourself (via forrest.properties) will automatically be downloaded and
>>installed when you first run Forrest after adding the plugin requirement.
>>

> Thanks ross
>
> About the automatic download. i got some problems with it.

What problems do you have with the auto download mechanism? A number of
issues have been fixed in 0.8-dev,  but you may be experiencing
something new.

> So what i did i
> downloaded some plugins manually form http://forrest.apache.org/plugins/0.7/
> and extracted them in my forrest programm folder C:\forrest\build\plugins .
> Is that a problem it if i do that manually like that?

Some plugins will work like this, some will not (it all depends on
whether there is a compilation stage required during install).

There are instructions on how to correctly install plugins in the plugin
docs.

Ross