forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: AW: AW: AW: question about status.xml
Date Thu, 07 Sep 2006 20:53:07 GMT
Markus Flach wrote:

> -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

Newbies are really good at testing the basic documentation and improving
on it when they have figured out the holes. Please help us to improve
the new user experience through improved documentation of the parts that
you find confusing.

Even the most novice of users have something valuable to bring to an
Open Source community. The novice users develop into more experienced
users and before they now it they are using SVN head and consider
themselves an "active dev".

> 	- if i understand you correct, than i will not have a status.xml
> file in my folder if i don't 	- have yet installed the project.info
> plugin. I'm correct?

Yes, to the first part (you should not have a status.xml file from
forrest seed).

"Sort of" to the second part. Installing the project.info plugin will
not create the status.xml file, it will only make it possible to use one
to create the changes, todo, release notes etc. that the projectInfo
plugin can create

>>When i made a test project, and type there forrest run it's running as
>>well but i still miss the status.xml.
>

> Did you do the steps I asked? Can you please confirm the forrest.properties
> settings I refer to. I'm trying to work out what is asking for status.xml
> (and hoping some other dev/user with a clearer memory of 0.7, or a valid
> install of 0.7, can help us out here).
>

> 	- i did those steps you introdueced me to seed a new project, but
> those steps where exactly 	- the same steps what i did also before.
> What do you mean with forrest.properties settings 	- you refered to??

forrest.properties is a configuration file in the root of your seeded
project.

> Did you told me what i need to change in the forrest.properties file?

No, you should not need to change it. I am merely trying to work out why
your seeded site is asking for status.xml when, as far as I am aware, it
should not do so.

Ross