forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: xinclude
Date Wed, 06 Sep 2006 14:37:08 GMT
Jim Dixon wrote:
> On Mon, 4 Sep 2006, Ross Gardler wrote:
>

>>>My only use of XInlude appears above.  In logMeIn.xml I
>>>
>>>(a) add an xmlns:xi attribute to the document element
>>>(b) add the xi:xinclude element
>>>
>>>Is either incorrect?  Is there something else I should be doing?
>>
>>No that is fine.

> Well, it doesn't cause a problem if you do a 'forrest run', but if
> you do a 'forrest site', it fails:
> validate-xdocs:
> /home/j2ee/jappgen/src/documentation/content/xdocs/eg/logMeIn.xml:4:54:
> Attribute "xmlns:xi" must be declared for element type "document".
> /home/j2ee/jappgen/src/documentation/content/xdocs/eg/logMeIn.xml:13:73:
> Element type "xi:include" must be declared.
> /home/j2ee/jappgen/src/documentation/content/xdocs/eg/logMeIn.xml:13:82:
> The content of element type "source" must match
> "(strong|em|code|sub|sup|br|img|icon|acronym|map|a)".
>
> Now I'm hoping that there is a simple workaround that I am missing but ...

"forrest run" does not validate the sources, whereas forrest site does.
Hence this "error".

You can work around this by turning off validation for either all the
files or just the ones that use xinclude. See the validation related
properties in default.forrest.properties and override the relevant
values in your projects forrest.properties (or user, or site properties
if more appropriate).

Ross