forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: AW: AW: question about status.xml
Date Mon, 04 Sep 2006 20:33:23 GMT
Markus Flach wrote:
> You said it's a long time sine you worked with 0.7, are you running already
> 0.8?

Being an active dev I always run SVN head. 0.8-dev has been pretty
stable for some time now, we re trying to finish the final "polishing"
tasks before we can do the release, but it is slow going with most devs
having very little time to do such work.

We need help!

> When i make a new web site with "forrest seed" it creat this as well.
>
> But it stands that there is a n status.xml in the root folder. But hat i can
> see in the root folder is only a file with the name forrest.properties
>
> For what is that status.xml file?

Status XML is used by the project.info plugin (see the plugins page on
our website).

You should not have one in a freshly seeded site, it is not required as
a fresh site does not use the projectInfo plugin.

> When i made a test project, and type there forrest run it's running as well
> but i still miss the status.xml.

Did you do the steps I asked? Can you please confirm the
forrest.properties settings I refer to. I'm trying to work out what is
asking for status.xml (and hoping some other dev/user with a clearer
memory of 0.7, or a valid install of 0.7, can help us out here).

Ross