forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: AW: question about status.xml
Date Mon, 04 Sep 2006 08:45:12 GMT
Markus Flach wrote:
> I run apache forrest 0.7.
>
> I change to my project folder which i created just before and than i start
> th seed with "forrest seed"

It's a long time since I worked with 0.7, so I'm going by distant memory
and looking at what is in the 0.7 branch...

The fresh-site used for seeding a new project does *not* include a
status.xml file and does *not* use the projectInfo plugin, which is what
requires the status.xml file.

So, I have no idea why your freshly seeded project is looking for
status.xml. We have not had a problem like this before and 0.7 is in
wide use, so I can only guess it is something peculiar about your setup.

Please do the following...

cd [TMP_DIR]
mkdir test
cd test
forrest seed

Now confirm that the projectInfo plugin is not defined in the
project.required.plugins value defined in forrest.properties

forrest run
http://localhost:8888

You should see your seeded sites home page

Ross