forrest-user mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: AW: AW: AW: question about status.xml
Date Fri, 08 Sep 2006 04:04:14 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:
> Markus Flach wrote:
> >

> >-----Urspr?ngliche Nachricht-----

Markus, would you please use proper email quoting.
It is very hard to see your replies, as the indenting
is the same as the messag ethat you are replying to.

> Newbies are really good at testing the basic documentation and improving
> on it when they have figured out the holes. Please help us to improve
> the new user experience through improved documentation of the parts that
> you find confusing.
>
> Even the most novice of users have something valuable to bring to an
> Open Source community. The novice users develop into more experienced
> users and before they now it they are using SVN head and consider
> themselves an "active dev".

> >	- if i understand you correct, than i will not have a status.xml
> >file in my folder if i don't 	- have yet installed the project.info
> >plugin. I'm correct?
>
> Yes, to the first part (you should not have a status.xml file from
> forrest seed).
>
> "Sort of" to the second part. Installing the project.info plugin will
> not create the status.xml file, it will only make it possible to use one
> to create the changes, todo, release notes etc. that the projectInfo
> plugin can create

I thought that i explained this yesterday.
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.text.xml.forrest.user/3790/focus=3811

> >>When i made a test project, and type there forrest run it's running as
> >>well but i still miss the status.xml.
> >

> >Did you do the steps I asked? Can you please confirm the forrest.properties
> >settings I refer to. I'm trying to work out what is asking for status.xml
> >(and hoping some other dev/user with a clearer memory of 0.7, or a valid
> >install of 0.7, can help us out here).

I confirm that there is no status.xml for a forrest seed
and the projectInfo plugin is not declared.

If i read Markus' questions correctly he wants a "changes"
pages but doesn't know how to declare the plugin.
See above mail message and Ross' other replies. If that
is not correct Markus, then please explain your issue again.

-David