forrest-user mailing list archives

From Sjur Moshagen <sju...@mac.com>
Subject Re: xinclude
Date Mon, 04 Sep 2006 12:43:59 GMT
Den 4. sep. 2006 kl. 15.30 skrev Jim Dixon:

> However! If I change the element to
>
>   <xi:include parse="text" href="cocoon://eg/foo.txt"/>
>
> it works.  I will be experimenting with this further, but it appears
> that the cocoon:// protocol is not just a Good Thing but mandatory.

Hm, it shouldn't be. We use XIncludes without the cocoon: protocoll,
and it works without problems. This is from our site.xml:

   <xi:include href="doc/site-frag.xml#xpointer(/tech/*[@tab =

We have seen no problems so far. Only drawback with using XIncludes
(as opposed to CIncludes), is that there's no check on whether the
included file has been changed, which means we need to touch the
including file to get Forrest (run) to see changes in the included file.

On the other hand, we get the full power of XPointers, which
CIncludes do not provide:-)

Best regards,
Sjur