forrest-user mailing list archives

From Matthias Ohlemeyer <matthias.ohleme...@web.de>
Subject Re: Re: New Forrest Site: ER/Box
Date Tue, 19 Sep 2006 23:04:12 GMT
- There are some useful customisations there, some of which would be
- useful to other users. Is there any chance of you creating plugins for
- them so that devs an easily apply them to the code base? Doing this
- would make the management of your site much easier when it comes to
- upgrade time since there would be no changes to the core Forrest code.
-

Creating plugins? I have not the slightest idea what a plugin in forrest
does or how it can be created. If there is something useful in those
customisations which can be generalised I hope that the documentation on
the ER/Box site will help devs to integrate it.

- I've looked over the way you have implemented most of them and see that
- there are "better" ways of doing them in 0.8-dev. In particular the
- handling of new properties has been greatly simplified in 0.8.
-

There will surely be better ways! I've never seen XSLT before I touched
Forrest so most of the stuff was done by trial and error.

- [OT - your project looks great, I've been waiting for a version of
- Compiere that is independent of Oracle for years - never had the time to
- approach it myself - I'll be taking a close look soon].
-
- Ross

Thanks, see you over there!

--Matthias