forrest-user mailing list archives

From "Markus Flach" <markus.fl...@hispeed.ch>
Subject AW: AW: AW: question about status.xml
Date Thu, 07 Sep 2006 19:33:46 GMT

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Ross Gardler [mailto:rgardler@apache.org]
Gesendet: Montag, 4. September 2006 22:33
An: user@forrest.apache.org
Betreff: Re: AW: AW: question about status.xml

Markus Flach wrote:
> You said it's a long time sine you worked with 0.7, are you running
> already 0.8?

Being an active dev I always run SVN head. 0.8-dev has been pretty stable
for some time now, we re trying to finish the final "polishing"
tasks before we can do the release, but it is slow going with most devs
having very little time to do such work.

We need help!

	- I would like to help, but i'm a real newbie in apache forrest. I'm
doing a school project 	- and it schould be realized with apache forrest

> When i make a new web site with "forrest seed" it creat this as well.
>
> But it stands that there is a n status.xml in the root folder. But hat
> i can see in the root folder is only a file with the name
> forrest.properties
>
> For what is that status.xml file?

Status XML is used by the project.info plugin (see the plugins page on our
website).

You should not have one in a freshly seeded site, it is not required as a
fresh site does not use the projectInfo plugin.

	- if i understand you correct, than i will not have a status.xml
file in my folder if i don't 	- have yet installed the project.info
plugin. I'm correct?

> When i made a test project, and type there forrest run it's running as
> well but i still miss the status.xml.

Did you do the steps I asked? Can you please confirm the forrest.properties
settings I refer to. I'm trying to work out what is asking for status.xml
(and hoping some other dev/user with a clearer memory of 0.7, or a valid
install of 0.7, can help us out here).

	- i did those steps you introdueced me to seed a new project, but
those steps where exactly 	- the same steps what i did also before.
What do you mean with forrest.properties settings 	- you refered to??
Did you told me what i need to change in the forrest.properties file?

	markus

Ross