forrest-user mailing list archives

From "Markus Flach" <>
Subject AW: AW: question about status.xml
Date Mon, 04 Sep 2006 18:24:30 GMT
You said it's a long time sine you worked with 0.7, are you running already

When i make a new web site with "forrest seed" it creat this as well.

But it stands that there is a n status.xml in the root folder. But hat i can
see in the root folder is only a file with the name

For what is that status.xml file?

When i made a test project, and type there forrest run it's running as well
but i still miss the status.xml.

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Ross Gardler []
Gesendet: Montag, 4. September 2006 10:45
Betreff: Re: AW: question about status.xml

Markus Flach wrote:
> I run apache forrest 0.7.
> I change to my project folder which i created just before and than i
> start th seed with "forrest seed"

It's a long time since I worked with 0.7, so I'm going by distant memory and
looking at what is in the 0.7 branch...

The fresh-site used for seeding a new project does *not* include a
status.xml file and does *not* use the projectInfo plugin, which is what
requires the status.xml file.

So, I have no idea why your freshly seeded project is looking for
status.xml. We have not had a problem like this before and 0.7 is in wide
use, so I can only guess it is something peculiar about your setup.

Please do the following...

cd [TMP_DIR]
mkdir test
cd test
forrest seed

Now confirm that the projectInfo plugin is not defined in the
project.required.plugins value defined in

forrest run

You should see your seeded sites home page

> -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

View raw message