forrest-user mailing list archives

From "Markus Flach" <mar...@flach.li>
Subject AW: AW: question about status.xml
Date Mon, 04 Sep 2006 18:24:30 GMT
You said it's a long time sine you worked with 0.7, are you running already
0.8?

When i make a new web site with "forrest seed" it creat this as well.

But it stands that there is a n status.xml in the root folder. But hat i can
see in the root folder is only a file with the name forrest.properties

For what is that status.xml file?

When i made a test project, and type there forrest run it's running as well
but i still miss the status.xml.

Regards
markus

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Ross Gardler [mailto:rgardler@apache.org]
Gesendet: Montag, 4. September 2006 10:45
An: user@forrest.apache.org
Betreff: Re: AW: question about status.xml

Markus Flach wrote:
> I run apache forrest 0.7.
>
> I change to my project folder which i created just before and than i
> start th seed with "forrest seed"

It's a long time since I worked with 0.7, so I'm going by distant memory and
looking at what is in the 0.7 branch...

The fresh-site used for seeding a new project does *not* include a
status.xml file and does *not* use the projectInfo plugin, which is what
requires the status.xml file.

So, I have no idea why your freshly seeded project is looking for
status.xml. We have not had a problem like this before and 0.7 is in wide
use, so I can only guess it is something peculiar about your setup.

Please do the following...

cd [TMP_DIR]
mkdir test
cd test
forrest seed

Now confirm that the projectInfo plugin is not defined in the
project.required.plugins value defined in forrest.properties

forrest run
http://localhost:8888

You should see your seeded sites home page

Ross