forrest-user mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <christianschnei...@fastmail.fm>
Subject Re: Include files that are not linked
Date Fri, 11 Aug 2006 04:02:44 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> Christian Schneider wrote:
>
>> I have following problem where I can not help myself. I want to use a
>> raw html file (and a css-stylesheet + some images) as front-page to the
>> forrest site. When I test the page with 'forrest run' everything works
>> fine until I use the site generated with the 'forrest build' command.
>> The css file and the images are not are not copied and make the front
>> page unusable. Now my question is if and how I can include these files ?
>>
>> I am using Forrest v0.7.
>>

> Please create a minimal example or use your actual files.
> Then create an Issue: http://forrest.apache.org/issues.html
>
> Attach the html and CSS and your sitemap. Tell us the
> filesystem location where your images and CSS are stored.
>
> -David

I am using a workaround now - instead of calling forrest directly I call
it from a ANT script as described here:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/forrest-user/200504.mbox/%3C425A31EF.2070406@springsite.com%3E

I am not sure if it is necessary to create an issue. If someone can
confirm that specifying files for copying in the next version of forrest
is supported then it's ok for me.

While playing around with the problem I found out that files placed in
content/ and not in content/xdocs are copied correctly when I run
'forrest'. But on the other side 'forrest run' doesn't work anymore
since it can't find files placed there.

Thanks,
Christian