forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <>
Subject Re: is forrest the right choice?
Date Mon, 24 Jul 2006 11:19:12 GMT
chemosh wrote:
> Thank you for your answer.
> I thought about a CMS system but I believe a CMS is also not the kind of
> app I`m searching because it is more about the document itself and that
> everybody can edit it.
> So, I noticed I stressed the interactivity  a little bit to much in my
> previous explanation.
> The primary focus is more on the template form creation.

Forrest is not a webapplication framework it is a publishing framework.
It does not have forms handling capabilities. Well, technically speaking
it does, but only by virtue of being built on Cocoon, my recomendation

I recomended Daisy as it has pretty good forms handling capabilities
built in. Just name the fields you want in a document and that's it.

I think you described your use case well the first time, I still stick
to my recomendation to use a web app framework, and to consider a CMS
built on top of that framework (I see your point that your workflow may
be sufficiently different to standard CMS workflow to make that a waste
of time, but Forrest is still not a web app framework).

View raw message