forrest-user mailing list archives

From chemosh <chem...@gmx.de>
Subject is forrest the right choice?
Date Sun, 23 Jul 2006 13:52:53 GMT
Hello!

If this is not the right place to ask my question I apologize in advance.

Currently I`m trying to decide if forrest is the correct choice to
fulfill my needs and I hope you can answer that or at least say if you
think that forrest can do what I want it to do.

I`m working as an student employee at a university and as you can image
there is a lot paperwork do to.The normal practice here is to fill out
word documents with some macros then bring them, or in some cases send
them via email to the next department where the document is reviewed,
feedback given, etc.......altogether very ineffective.

My job now is to provide a web-based solution where a user can fill out
and edit a form and then when he is finished it is send to the right
persons which can review it, give feedfack, etc......everything via the
website. So until everything is correct no more printing, etc should be
necessary.
I want the forms to be created via templates so that a new form can
easily be adapted and used.

So in the end the user should be able to view every document they ever
created. Easily create and edit new documents and export them to various
formats and it should be quite easy to integrate new forms via templates. ;)

So to get to my question again, can this be done with the help of
forrest as basic "framework" for the webapp or do you think that another
framework would be better suited for the job?

Greetings,
Kai