forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Follow/debug Forrest's work
Date Thu, 20 Jul 2006 09:48:36 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> Martin Minka wrote:
>
>>I am using apache-forrest-0.7 on Windows. I tired what is described in
>>http://forrest.apache.org/howto-dev.html#debug, bu I am not able:
>>1. to enable profiler, I got "Could not find component for role:
>>[org.apache.cocoon.components.profiler.Profiler]
>>(Key='org.apache.cocoon.components.profiler.Profiler')"
>>2. enable Cocoon sitemap execution logger, I am not able to find "sitemap
>>execution" in main/webapp/WEB-INF/xconf/forrest-core.xconf
>

> Those are available in forrest-0.8-dev

Sorry, I didn't realise these were 0.8-dev specific, we should't have
them in the FAQ for 0.7

> If you are just exploring Forrest then perhaps better
> to dive in and use the current trunk development via Subversion.

I've recomended in another thread that Martin should switch to 0.8-dev
as it will help him with the docbook plugin Nigel is planing to donate.
Being able to use these new debug features is also a good reason.

Ross