forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Example of DocBook processing in Forrest
Date Thu, 20 Jul 2006 09:43:28 GMT
Nigel hardy wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
>
>> Martin Minka wrote:
>>

>>> Could somebody be so kind and provide me with working example of Forrest
>>> project where DocBook files are correctly processed ?
>>>

> Some time ago the list helped me develop a plugin which allows directory
> browsing (from a specified root) which gives html and pdf links to files
> which are likely to be docbook. It was suggested at the tim ethat I make
> it available. We are now using this successfully in my group.
>
> I am happy to make the code available but:
>
>   1. It's only at a prototype stage - but I am unlikely to find more
>      time to spend on it and I guess it could do with input from people
>      who are more aware of forrest style and approach.

We have a special type of plugin to accommodate this kind of code. Any
contribution is welcome, regardless of how complete you feel it is,
there are always others who can enhance it.

>   3. The root of the directory system is specified by a value in
>      forrest.properties (convenient) but this has to created by an
>      entry in main/webapp/WEB-INF/xconf/forrest-core.xconf (less
>      convenient when forrest is upgraded).

Forrest 0.8-dev has a new config system which removes this restriction.
We can make your plugin require 0.8-dev and use this new system.

>   4. Other things should be parameterised (like which other files than
>      docbook it should give access to).

Again the new config system will probably help here.

> As I say, it's a plugin. It's not up to distribution standard. If
> anybody wants to take it forward, I'll make the code available to them.

Please attach the code to a new issue in Jira - thanks for your assistance.

Ross