forrest-user mailing list archives

From Nigel hardy <...@aber.ac.uk>
Subject Re: Example of DocBook processing in Forrest
Date Thu, 20 Jul 2006 07:55:57 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> Martin Minka wrote:
>
>> Could somebody be so kind and provide me with working example of Forrest
>> project where DocBook files are correctly processed ?

Some time ago the list helped me develop a plugin which allows directory
browsing (from a specified root) which gives html and pdf links to files
which are likely to be docbook. It was suggested at the tim ethat I make
it available. We are now using this successfully in my group.

I am happy to make the code available but:

   1. It's only at a prototype stage - but I am unlikely to find more
      time to spend on it and I guess it could do with input from people
      who are more aware of forrest style and approach.
   2. It uses domestically modified docbook style sheets (though those
      could easily be replaced by standard ones)
   3. The root of the directory system is specified by a value in
      forrest.properties (convenient) but this has to created by an
      entry in main/webapp/WEB-INF/xconf/forrest-core.xconf (less
      convenient when forrest is upgraded).
   4. Other things should be parameterised (like which other files than
      docbook it should give access to).

I am running it both as a service (under tomcat) and with jetty (for
document development).

As I say, it's a plugin. It's not up to distribution standard. If
anybody wants to take it forward, I'll make the code available to them.

Nigel Hardy

--
Nigel Hardy     Tel: +44 1970 622 434.   http://users.aber.ac.uk/nwh/