forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Does Forrest 07 run on libgcj?
Date Tue, 04 Jul 2006 15:48:25 GMT
Andreas Zocher wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i use the GCJ runtime libgcj on a fedora 5 maschine and i would like to
> run forrest 0.7.
>
> Without JRE Forrest says:
> ---
> $ forrest -projecthelp
> Apache Forrest.  Run 'forrest -projecthelp' to list options
>
> Unable to locate tools.jar. Expected to find it
> in /usr/lib/jvm/java-1.4.2-gcj-1.4.2.0/lib/tools.jar
> ---
>
> Do I have to replace libgcj by SUN's JRE 1.5?

I have no idea about libjcj specifically since I don't know what it is.
I can tell you that you do not need 1.4, I can also tell you that
tools.jar has been a standard part of the java distribution since the
very early days.

I'm guessing that libgcj is supposed to be a Java Virtual Machine, if
this is correct then it must provide the classes that are in tools.jar
(assuming it is complete). You ay need to adjust the classpath set in
the ant build files to accomodate your setup.

If you get this working please provide some documentation for us to add
for those coming after you.

Ross