forrest-user mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Follow/debug Forrest's work
Date Thu, 20 Jul 2006 02:08:12 GMT
Martin Minka wrote:
> I am using apache-forrest-0.7 on Windows. I tired what is described in
> http://forrest.apache.org/howto-dev.html#debug, bu I am not able:
> 1. to enable profiler, I got "Could not find component for role:
> [org.apache.cocoon.components.profiler.Profiler]
> (Key='org.apache.cocoon.components.profiler.Profiler')"
> 2. enable Cocoon sitemap execution logger, I am not able to find "sitemap
> execution" in main/webapp/WEB-INF/xconf/forrest-core.xconf

Those are available in forrest-0.8-dev

Regarding item 2, you can probably find the relevant changes
in forrest/trunk main/webapp/WEB-INF/xconf/forrest-core.xconf
and apply them to your forrest-0.7 version.

Here is how (a verbose description for the benefit of others) ...

For those that already have a Subversion checkout of the
forrest trunk 0.8-dev:
 svn log main/webapp/WEB-INF/xconf/forrest-core.xconf

Otherwise use the web interface:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/forrest/trunk/main/webapp/WEB-INF/xconf/forrest-core.xconf

Now look for the relevant change, i.e. "sitemap execution".

It is Revision 365510. Follow that link to see the
associated changes. As you can see the logkit.xconf
changes can be ignored. Apply the changes to your
forrest-core.xconf

That should work in this case. With backporting other
changes, YMMV.

If you are just exploring Forrest then perhaps better
to dive in and use the current trunk development via Subversion.

-David