forrest-user mailing list archives

From Børre Gaup <>
Subject Making languages available in the menu
Date Wed, 19 Jul 2006 10:36:00 GMT
I have successfully managed to i18n'ize our forrest documentation, where
menus, tabs and content have the same language.

I generate the different language specific sites into site/build/$langname.

Some of our pages are available in up to five languages, but most are just
available in one language.

If I display a multilingual document, I would like to have a link to the
parallel documents in the other languages. That means, if I am looking at a
page displayed in norwegian, and I have that document also in english and
finnish, I would like to have a link to those pages also (preferrably in the

As I am far from being a xml/xsl guru, a "gruesome hack" I have pondered is to
use a shellscript that finds those documents that have parellel language
versions, and insert some html into to these documents, with pointers to the
other language versions.

But there surely is a possibility to do this a lot more elegantly within
forrest itself. :D

Where in my documentation tree is it possible to add this functionality? I
have tried to have a look at
src/documentation/skins/pelt/xslt/html/site-to-xhtml.xsl, but don't know if
this is the best place to put this functionality.

Børre Gaup

View raw message