forrest-user mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Non-latin1 characters in pdf?
Date Mon, 10 Jul 2006 08:49:41 GMT
El lun, 10-07-2006 a las 10:35 +0200, Børre Gaup escribió:
> Hello!
>
> We use forrest as our framework for publishing our documentation
> (http://divvun.no).
>
> One of the languages we publish in is Northern Sami. The characters "č (c
> caron), ŋ (eng) and đ (d slash) show up as #-marks in the pdf documents.
>
> What causes this behavior, and is it possible to change this so the proper
> characters show up?

Not sure, but let us find out what the problem is.

How does your xml looks like? The most important information lies in
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>. Do you have it like this?

What is the result of the yourUrl.fo? I mean e.g. you have your
index.xml in Sami, you request http://localhost:8888/index.html, do you
see the Sami characters? What happen when you request
http://localhost:8888/index.fo?

salu2
--
thorsten