forrest-user mailing list archives

From "Martin Minka" <martin.mi...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: Follow/debug Forrest's work
Date Sat, 22 Jul 2006 09:05:29 GMT

Sender: org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet

I have no idea what is wrong.

Pls. advice me what to do.

-----Original Message-----
From: David Crossley [mailto:crossley@apache.org]
Sent: Thursday, July 20, 2006 4:08 AM
To: user@forrest.apache.org
Subject: Re: Follow/debug Forrest's work

Martin Minka wrote:
> I am using apache-forrest-0.7 on Windows. I tired what is described in
> http://forrest.apache.org/howto-dev.html#debug, bu I am not able:
> 1. to enable profiler, I got "Could not find component for role:
> [org.apache.cocoon.components.profiler.Profiler]
> (Key='org.apache.cocoon.components.profiler.Profiler')"
> 2. enable Cocoon sitemap execution logger, I am not able to find
> "sitemap execution" in main/webapp/WEB-INF/xconf/forrest-core.xconf

Those are available in forrest-0.8-dev

Regarding item 2, you can probably find the relevant changes in
forrest/trunk main/webapp/WEB-INF/xconf/forrest-core.xconf
and apply them to your forrest-0.7 version.

Here is how (a verbose description for the benefit of others) ...

For those that already have a Subversion checkout of the forrest trunk
0.8-dev:
 svn log main/webapp/WEB-INF/xconf/forrest-core.xconf

Otherwise use the web interface:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/forrest/trunk/main/webapp/WEB-INF/xconf/forrest
-core.xconf

Now look for the relevant change, i.e. "sitemap execution".

It is Revision 365510. Follow that link to see the associated changes. As
you can see the logkit.xconf changes can be ignored. Apply the changes to
your forrest-core.xconf

That should work in this case. With backporting other changes, YMMV.

If you are just exploring Forrest then perhaps better to dive in and use the
current trunk development via Subversion.

-David