forrest-user mailing list archives

From Holly Edelson <ho...@edelsonmedia.com>
Subject Re: including javascript on a page (help needed)
Date Fri, 30 Jun 2006 16:59:57 GMT

David Crossley wrote:
> Terrence Brannon wrote:
>
>>  <header>
>>    <title>Magick</title>
>>  </header>
>>    <section id="live">
>>      <title>Live from Chaosmagic.com</title>
>>      <xi:include href="/skins/chaosmagic.js"/>
>>    </section>
>> </document>
>>

> I think that you are on the wrong track there.
> You could perhaps try turn off xml validation
> in forrest.properties for that particular page.
>
> The FAQ is vague on this.
> http://forrest.apache.org/faq.html#javascript
>
> It does say that the URI must be /skin/chaosmagic.js
>
> It does not tell you how to get the "script" element and
> attributes through to the output html, either in the
> head or the body. Sorry i don't know the answer, but
> see below.
>
> I think that the FAQ really talks about skin-specific
> javascript and css for enhancing the "pelt" skin
> or creating your own.
>
> So you could probably tweak the stylesheets in
> $FORREST_HOME/main/webapp/skins/pelt/xslt/html/site-to-xhtml.xsl
> to hack a reference to your .js files. That would
> be site-wide not page-specific.

I have this solution implemented in a custom site2xhtml running on a
live site,
but do want to find a targeted xinclude solution as what Thorsten laid out.
I tried months ago to solve it in sitemap then deferred to waiting for
Dispatcher O:-)

Also tried to customize the schema for this and other solutions, but
webapp/* kept stripping it
and I couldn't find the root in webapp/* that was controlling this. it
wasn't the dtd's. Must be
hiding out in the 0.7 skin stylesheets.
Been working on some of this past few months, will note on dev when
(if!!) I get it.

Holly (Helena)