forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: including javascript on a page (help needed)
Date Thu, 29 Jun 2006 16:11:14 GMT
Terrence Brannon wrote:
> Between a FAQ entry
> (http://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_80/faq.html#javascript --- please note
> that this FAQ entry contradicts itself. It says that the directory is
> skins yet then says the URIs are /skin)

This is not a contrdition it is a correct statement. Forrest does not
force the URL space to be the same as the development structure. So
"skin/" can be mapped to anywhere that is accessible to the computer
(including a remote resource). In the default setting it is mapped to
the FORREST_HOME/webapp/skins.

Why do this? There are many reasons. One is the fact that not all
developers would want to work with an English project structure. The URL
snippet "skin/foo" may be mapped to "pelle/bar", for example (I believe
pelle is Italian for skin).

Your other points have been addressed by Thorsten.

Ross