forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to Setup Multilanguage Site!
Date Thu, 29 Jun 2006 14:35:22 GMT
G.Verhaag@lrcb.umcn.nl wrote:
> Hoi Forrest Users,
>
> It's still about the multilanguage topic, so I posted this message using the same thread!
>
> I've managed to play a bit with multilanguage features of forrest, after some difficulties.
But subscribing to this list has given me some insight in this topic. Thanks!

> However I've another question related to the Dutch (nl) language. Messages in the layout
of the page (e.g. Last Published, Font Size) are not being rendered in Dutch. Am I right in
saying that this has to do with the fact that in the directory apache-forrest-0.7/main/webapp/skins/common/translations
there exists no CommonMessages_nl file?

Yes (at least I think so, I've never used i18n)

> Is it possible to add such a file in the current project I'm working at?

Yes. Just add it in the relevant location on your local Forrest
installation.

> Is it perhaps possible to add full Dutch support in a future release of forrest?

Yes, please add the file to an issue in our Jira tracker and a committer
will add it to SVN so that it gets included in future releases. Your
contribution would be most welcome.

See http://forrest.apache.org/issues.html

Ross