forrest-user mailing list archives

From Brian M Dube <brian.d...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Catalogue application (Re: Dispatcher ClassCastException)
Date Fri, 23 Jun 2006 07:49:43 GMT
Brian M Dube wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:
>> Brian M Dube wrote:
>>> I'm building a site with 0.8-dev using dispatcher. I created a
>>> free-form (well-formed, but no DTD) XML file that describes the items
>>> for sale along with their options. I'm using the locationmap and
>>> sitemap to provide virtual URLs to view the items in the master file.
>>
>> I'm just about to start experimenting with such a system. I wonder if
>> you would be able to open source your code, I'd be happy to turn it
>> into a plugin and assist with its development/maintenance since I have
>> a client with this need who is keen to open source the solution.
>
> I can provide what I have done as open source. I need to finish the
> project as soon as possible, but the process of turning it into a plugin
> would provide early feedback about the design. How do you want to proceed?

I have seeded a plugin locally. I have some questions. Does this master
file need to validate? If so, does the plugin define the schema or does
the user? I really don't know which is easier for a future user of such
a plugin. I think the most flexible option would be internal support for
popular schemata with the option of extending the plugin with
user-defined schemata. Does this sound reasonable?

Brian