forrest-user mailing list archives

From "Nico Veenkamp" <n...@veenkamp.nl>
Subject Re: How to Setup Multilanguage Site!
Date Thu, 22 Jun 2006 11:02:19 GMT
Gerard,

<quote> G.Verhaag@lrcb.umcn.nl</quote>
> I'm new to forrest but managed to install forrest and do a forrest seed.
> This resulted in the well known example site! I'm trying to build an
> experimental site using forrest. It needs to have pages partly in English
> and Dutch. I've tried to find some info regarding how to tackle this
> problem, but have found nothing suitable. All that I've found is to
> technical, sorry!

I have recently contributed some dutch info to forrest. Specifically for
the test site, the menu items and the tabs.

I am now trying to pull the info together for making i18n stuff for
Forrest easier to access. I could use your help in doing this.

> Can anybody give some hints on how to start solving this problem? I'd like
> to use for example a second level tab to switch from English to Dutch.
> Buttons to switch language on the a page will also suffice.

> By the way, do I need to study the cocoon manual to start using forrest
> effectively?

No, not to my knowledge.

Nico Veenkamp
Open Source Solutions for Internet (OSSFI)
T: 06-53193353
E: nico@veenkamp.nl
W: http://www.ossfi.nl
weblog: http://www.breathinbreathout.com