forrest-user mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: forrest site behaves unintuitively
Date Wed, 28 Jun 2006 03:30:51 GMT
Terrence Brannon wrote:
> I was browsing a 0.7-version Forrest site:
>  http://www.xmlbelux.be/index.html
>
> And if you click on the _word_ "Events" in the menubar (on the lefthand side
> of the screen), then it simply refreshes whatever page you are looking at.
>
> This is not intuitive or reasonable IMHO.
>
> Imagine that you just clicked on the History link:
>  http://www.xmlbelux.be/history.html
>
> and then you see the word "Events" in the menubar so you click on it,
> expecting to be taking to an overview page of the events, instead the page
> refreshes.

As Ross said, their site designers have their own
implementation of a skin or some configuration error.

This is not how it happens with the forrest website.

The action for a folder on the side-panel navigation menu
is to open or close it to reveal its navigation links.

> This is kind of a re-statement of my earliest post asking for how to have
> some sort of action "fire" whenever you click on a top-level tab. It would
> be nice if one could specify a document to open whenever one clicked on the
> overview tab.

This happens when the user selects the "Tab" across the top.

The xmlbelux site might have a mixup with their site.xml
It lists the same left-hand menu no matter which tab is
being visited. Perhaps missing the @tab attribute for
groups in the site.xml configuration.

I agree with you that this is not intuitive.

-David