forrest-user mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thorsten.scher...@wyona.com>
Subject Re: forrest site behaves unintuitively
Date Wed, 28 Jun 2006 08:04:45 GMT
El mar, 27-06-2006 a las 18:49 -0400, Terrence Brannon escribió:
> I was browsing a 0.7-version Forrest site:
>   http://www.xmlbelux.be/index.html
>
> And if you click on the _word_ "Events" in the menubar (on the
> lefthand side of the screen), then it simply refreshes whatever page
> you are looking at.
>
> This is not intuitive or reasonable IMHO.
>
> Imagine that you just clicked on the History link:
>   http://www.xmlbelux.be/history.html
>
> and then you see the word "Events" in the menubar so you click on it,
> expecting to be taking to an overview page of the events, instead the
> page refreshes.
>
> This is kind of a re-statement of my earliest post asking for how to
> have some sort of action "fire" whenever you click on a top-level tab.
> It would be nice if one could specify a document to open whenever one
> clicked on the overview tab.

IMO it is because of their site.xml and not because of the tigris skin
(which is the underlying skin for the above site).

They probably defined:
<site label="something" href=""
xmlns="http://apache.org/forrest/linkmap/1.0" tab="">
  <event label="event">
    <index label="Index" href="events/index.html" description="Welcome
to LivingCosmos"/>
  </events>
</site>

Changing it to the following is changing the behavior you describe:
<site label="something" href=""
xmlns="http://apache.org/forrest/linkmap/1.0" tab="">
  <event label="event" href="events/" tab="events">
    <index label="Index" href="index.html" description="Welcome to
LivingCosmos"/>
  </events>
</site>

Like said from other this is a third party site, please test with a
"forrest seed" site.

salu2
--
Thorsten Scherler