forrest-user mailing list archives

From Jérôme <yo...@club-internet.fr>
Subject Internal server error with french character
Date Fri, 05 May 2006 22:23:40 GMT
Hi,

I am new to Forrest and I think it really interesting and powerfull. But, now
trying to create some content in french, I always get this message :

Message: null

Sender: org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet

Source: Cocoon Servlet

Request URI

index.html

cause

Invalid byte 2 of 3-byte UTF-8 sequence.

request-uri

/index.html

My index.html file contains :
<!DOCTYPE document PUBLIC "-//APACHE//DTD Documentation V2.0//EN"
"http://forrest.apache.org/dtd/document-v20.dtd">
<document>
  <header>
    <title>Topophile - Accueil</title>
  </header>
    <section id="Introduction">
      <title>Introduction</title>
    </section>
</document>

I took the index template file and simply change the first section. The letter é
 seems to displease Forrest : removing it, the page is well displayed. Any
letter of extended latin set (é, è, à, ô, etc...) is unhandled correctly and
same message everytime (boring).

Since I have seen web pages in French which have been created with Forrest, I
guess something is wrong with mine : surely, I missed commenting/uncommenting //
installing/uninstalling something somewhere but I cannot find it out. Could you
please give me a hint ? It would be very helpful. I try to uncomment the in8i
comment in forrest.properties (just to try) but it doesn't change forrest's
behaviour.

Thanks
Jerome