forrest-user mailing list archives

From "Bertrand Delacretaz" <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Recommendations for URL-based i18n like at www.verit.de?
Date Wed, 17 May 2006 13:31:34 GMT
Hi Torsten,

On 5/17/06, Torsten Stolpmann <Torsten.Stolpmann@verit.de> wrote:
> ...the i18n support as implemented at www.verit.de is a combination of
> builtin forrest i18n support with some apache magic on mapping the /de/
> and /en/ paths to simulated browser language preferences...

Ok I see, the front-end rewrite thing came to mind but I was hoping
there was a more integrated way.

> I doubt that this can be achieved with forrest settings alone...

That's my impression as well, after digging (a bit) through the
Forrest sitemaps.

> ...Perhaps you could generate static pages for different languages and
> place them in different directories (de/en/...)? Crosslinking would
> still be an issue though...

Yes, worst case this might work - or add a front-end servlet or httpd
processor like you did.

I'll think about it, many thanks for your reply!

-Bertrand