forrest-user mailing list archives

From "Ard Schrijvers" <a.schrijv...@hippo.nl>
Subject RE: startup problems forrest
Date Tue, 16 May 2006 08:10:40 GMT

> > cause: Could not find component for role:
> [org.apache.cocoon.components.modules.input.InputModule/lm]
> (Key='org.apache.cocoon.components.modules.input.InputModule/lm')
> >
> > I donwloaded the zip at 10th of may. Could it have been
> broken, or am I doing something wrong (of course, probably
> the last, but I just cant figure out what..)
> >

> Not you, but we did something wrong following the 0.7 release.
>
> http://forrest.apache.org/faq.html#older-plugins
> in forrest.properties specify
> org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.projectInfo-0.1

Great, this did the job. I still have one more question. I always find it hard to grasb when
I go to www.apache.org, and I want to achieve something, then, which framework is the one
for me? Which one should I use? Will I achieve my goals with struts, JSF, cocoon, MyFaces,
Perl, or forrest. Of course, these will depend on what the goal is, and I don't expect anyone
to be able to know the differences between ALL frameworks.

But, since I have quite a lot of cocoon experience, but not with forrest, I really hoped somebody
could explain me what the key difference between the 2 is (I actually started looking at forrest
because we have been using "org.apache.cocoon.components.modules.input.LocationMapModule"
for quite some time, but, it is not part of cocoon anymore. It moved to forrest)? Is forrest
a layer upon cocoon enabling different output formats for publishing and offering some default
skins?

Regards Ard

--

Hippo