forrest-user mailing list archives

From "Ard Schrijvers" <a.schrijv...@hippo.nl>
Subject RE: LocationMapModule input module (Was: startup problems forrest)
Date Wed, 17 May 2006 07:36:40 GMT

> As far as i know, the Locationmap started life at Forrest
> and is still here. See Subversion revision 8960 and then
> 111698 where the package namesapce was changed.
>
> Many thanks to Unico.

I think you are right: Unico worked at hippo during writing this Locationmap. We always have
used it in cocoon under "org.apache.cocoon.components.modules.input.LocationMapModule", but
I think it was Unico putting it in this package for us only, so I was confused about where
to find it...

> It would be fantastic to make it into a Cocoon block so that
> it is more widely available. Probably still managed at Forrest.

We use it in 99% of our cocoon projects to create a mapping between repository uris and website
urls. I have pointed some people on the cocoon-user list to forrest who liked to achieve similar
things. So, perhaps it could/should be in a cocoon block

> > Is forrest a layer upon cocoon enabling different output
> > formats for publishing and offering some default skins?
>
> Essentially yes. But also different input formats.
>
> We package the core of Cocoon-2.2 and a selection of
> Cocoon Blocks with Forrest. You can add more Cocoon blocks
> as needed.

Thx for the info again!

Regards Ard

--