forrest-user mailing list archives

From Web Maestro Clay <the.webmaes...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Convert xdoc v10 to v20
Date Thu, 04 May 2006 21:23:51 GMT
On May 3, 2006, at 11:12 PM, David Crossley wrote:
> Web Maestro Clay wrote:
>> - had to replace <code> with [code-FIXME] since it's not in document-
>> v10.dtd
>
> It is in our version of that old DTD.

BTW, it's in my version of the DTD, but that still doesn't explain
why I needed to '-FIXME' it. I don't understand why. All I know is I
didn't get that error after I changed it from <code> to [code-FIXME]

>> - had to pepper a couple of other '-FIXME' items (faq.html, etc.)
>>
>> PROBLEMS
>> ==========
>> 1. Unfortunately it appears document-v13 files were *not* generated
>> in build/site.xml (it looks like it merely passed the document-
>> v10.xml versions across). It'd be great to get v13 files, so I can
>> move forward with better compatibility.
>
> Ah, drat. The proper document type declaration with
> a Public Identifier is probably needed. Try it as described
> below by adding one Batik xdoc to a fresh seed site
> and set its Public Identifier.
> <!DOCTYPE document PUBLIC "-//APACHE//DTD Documentation V1.0//EN"
> "document-v10.dtd">
> That will cause it to use Forrest's own DTDs.
> Try it in 'forrest run' or set the validation
> off in forrest.properties file.

That worked! Cool! Unfortunately, it kept the <anchor id="yatayata"/>
line so it looks like:

     <anchor id="systemRequirements"/>
         Batik requires the following systems to be already
         installed in your system:
       <ul>
           A Java 1.3 or greater compatible virtual machine must be
present.
         </li>
       </ul>
     </section>

IIUC, that needs to be changed to:

         Batik requires the following systems to be already
         installed in your system:
       <ul>
           A Java 1.3 or greater compatible virtual machine must be
present.
         </li>
       </ul>
     </section>

>> 2. I get an error that 'images/splash.png' not found, although
>> 'images/logo.gif' is found (and both files are in the same path: src/
>> documentation/content/xdocs/images/).
>
> Probably depends on how you referenced that from
> your source files. See examples in 'forrest seed'.

I think for now, I'll just comment the spot where it is displayed
(top of index.html/.xml) since it's already displayed at the top of
the page anyway:

<figure src="images/splash.png" alt="Batik release 1.5beta3" />

Unfortunately, since it's in the header it won't be displayed in the
PDF file. We can work on this later if we care.

>> 3. I don't have navigation down the left. Here's a snipped of my
>> site.xml file:
>>
>> site.xml snippet
>>   <batik label="About Batik">
>>     <index label="Introduction" href="index.html"
>> description="Welcome to Batik"/>
>>     <!--
>>     <faqs label="FAQs" href="faq.html" description="Batik - FAQs
>> Page"/>
>>     -->
>>     <!--
>>     <wiki label="Wiki" href="ext:wiki" description="Batik - Wiki
>> Page"/>
>>     -->
>>     <license label="License" href="license.html" description="Batik
>> - License Page"/>
>> ====
>
> Don't know, maybe due to the above issues.
> What happens if you leave some documents from
> the 'forrest seed site'? Do they have their
> menus? You are probably better to start with a
> fresh seed site and just add one of the old
> Batik documents, i.e. don't change too much at
> one time.

It worked when I added one or two items...

Web Maestro Clay
the.webmaestro@gmail.com

-- HH Dalai Lama of Tibet