forrest-user mailing list archives

From "Tim Williams" <william...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: LocationMapModule input module (Was: startup problems forrest)
Date Wed, 17 May 2006 13:28:47 GMT
On 5/16/06, David Crossley <crossley@apache.org> wrote:

> > > [org.apache.cocoon.components.modules.input.InputModule/lm]
> > > (Key='org.apache.cocoon.components.modules.input.InputModule/lm')

> > > broken, or am I doing something wrong (of course, probably
> > > the last, but I just cant figure out what..)
> > >
> > > Not you, but we did something wrong following the 0.7 release.
> > >
> > > http://forrest.apache.org/faq.html#older-plugins
> > > in forrest.properties specify
> > > org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.projectInfo-0.1
> > >

> > Great, this did the job. I still have one more question. I always find it hard to
grasb when I go to www.apache.org, and I want to achieve something, then, which framework
is the one for me? Which one should I use? Will I achieve my goals with struts, JSF, cocoon,
MyFaces, Perl, or forrest. Of course, these will depend on what the goal is, and I don't expect
anyone to be able to know the differences between ALL frameworks.

> > But, since I have quite a lot of cocoon experience,
> > but not with forrest, I really hoped somebody could
> > explain me what the key difference between the 2 is
> > (I actually started looking at forrest because we have
> > been using "org.apache.cocoon.components.modules.input.LocationMapModule"
> > for quite some time, but, it is not part of cocoon anymore.
> > It moved to forrest)?
>
> As far as i know, the Locationmap started life at Forrest
> and is still here. See Subversion revision 8960 and then
> 111698 where the package namesapce was changed.
>
> Many thanks to Unico.
>
> It would be fantastic to make it into a Cocoon block so that
> it is more widely available. Probably still managed at Forrest.

This was discussed before[1].  Consensus then, was to maintain it here
for now but possibly make it a separate jar for easier use outside of
Forrest.  Not saying that shouldn't be readdressed, just pointing it
out.
--tim

[1] - http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=forrest-dev&m=112107495101756&w=2