forrest-user mailing list archives

From Torsten Stolpmann <Torsten.Stolpm...@verit.de>
Subject Re: Webcontainer based Forrest Production
Date Sat, 20 May 2006 17:57:57 GMT
Ferdinand Soethe wrote:

>> I doubt that this can be achieved with forrest settings alone for the
>> reasons you already pointed out below. Please note that we are using the
>> webcontainer based dynamic variant of forrest.
>
> What is your experience with performance and long term stability of
> running Forrest dynamically?

What i can say is that we never experienced any long term stability
problems, but then again we reboot the machine every week anyway - just
in case.

For performance we spider (recursive wget) our own site after every
reboot or install to warm up the caches. This definitly improves the
user experience for the first user visiting ;)

Regards,

Torsten