forrest-user mailing list archives

From Torsten Stolpmann <Torsten.Stolpm...@verit.de>
Subject Re: Recommendations for URL-based i18n like at www.verit.de?
Date Wed, 17 May 2006 13:20:34 GMT
Hi Bertrand,

the i18n support as implemented at www.verit.de is a combination of
builtin forrest i18n support with some apache magic on mapping the /de/
and /en/ paths to simulated browser language preferences.

I doubt that this can be achieved with forrest settings alone for the
reasons you already pointed out below. Please note that we are using the
webcontainer based dynamic variant of forrest.

Perhaps you could generate static pages for different languages and
place them in different directories (de/en/...)? Crosslinking would
still be an issue though.

HTH, feel free to contact me if you need more information

Torsten