forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Simplified Docbook FOP exception
Date Wed, 17 May 2006 07:49:07 GMT
Johnson, Eric wrote:
> I tried using the simplified docbook plug-in to work with the docbook
> and the HTML generated nicely. However, the PDF didn’t generate. I got
> the following error:
>
> BROKEN: org.apache.fop.apps.FOPException: internal-destination or
> external-destination must be specified in basic-link
>

> Any ideas?

Not without more information.

Can you try and narrow it down to a specific peice of your docbook input
that is causig the problem. There are three ways of doing this:

- do "forrest run", request the page causing the problem and look in the
log files for more information (PROJECT_HOME/webapp/WEB-INF/logs

- commenting out chunks of the docbook source until your PDF works then
reintroduce parts that are not working

- request the FO document and manualy inspect for errors or use a
validator tool to give more information (to get the fo source request
http://localhost:8888/path/to/problem.pdf)

A hint: given the error message you provide it looks like either an
image or a hyperlink is causing the problem.

Ross