forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: <code> to class="codefrag"
Date Tue, 16 May 2006 19:39:48 GMT
Cyriaque Dupoirieux wrote:
> le 16/05/2006 01:00 Johnson, Eric a écrit :
>
>> -->
>>
>> How do I get <code> elements to display correctly in HTML output?
>> Using 0.7 and the tigris skin using <code> elements generates into
>> codefrag.
>>
>> Can I change the generation so that it generates <span class=”code”>
>> or should I add codefrag to the stylesheet?
>>
> Add the codefrag to the stylesheet - for instance (in pelt skin) :
>
> .codefrag {
> font-family: "Courier New", Courier, monospace;
> font-size: 110%;
> }

Editing the stylesheets directly is discouraged, unless one has created
ones own skin. When upgrading one would, at best, have to make the
customisations again, at worst would completely forget and wonder why
the update broke your site.

As has been said elsewhere, the correct thing to do is to add the CSS
fragment to extra-css in skinconf.xml - this will survive future updates.

Ross