forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Home dir
Date Mon, 08 May 2006 09:08:12 GMT
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> El dom, 07-05-2006 a las 21:30 +0000, Jim Douglas escribió:
>
>>>From: Thorsten Scherler <thorsten@apache.org>
>>>To: user@forrest.apache.org
>>>Subject: Re: Home dir
>>>Date: Sun, 07 May 2006 21:53:37 +0200

>>>What do you mean with deploy?

>>>Can you tell us what you are doing now?
>>>
>>>TIA

>>>salu2
>>>--
>>>thorsten
>>>
>>>"Together we stand, divided we fall!"
>>>Hey you (Pink Floyd)
>>>

>>Forget my last post.  I was wondering why when I visit my site by entering
>>www.xxx.org
>>
>>The URL shows www.xxx.org/mywebapp/index.html
>>
>>Can I have it just show www.xxx.org ?
>

> Sorry, I am confused.
>
> Are you using forrest in tomcat?

Yes, Jim is deploying a webapp to a servlet container (not sure which).
The mapping of URLs to webapps is the responsibility of your servlet
container, by default it maps to the directory name, which is determined
by the name of the war file.

You need to define "mywebapp" as your root webapp within site.xml (if I
remember correctly) in your servlet container. If this is not the
correct file see the docs for your chosen container.

Ross