forrest-user mailing list archives

From "Johnson, Eric" <Eric.John...@iona.com>
Subject PDF woes
Date Mon, 22 May 2006 18:21:03 GMT
I'm using docbook as the source to generate my site and most things seem
to work well. The biggest problem I'm having is with the PDF output
missing images. Regardless of whether I use the Simplified Docbook
plug-in or the docbook scripts directly, the following code to place an
image in my doc:
    <figure id="fig_1">
      <title>Celtix Configuration Hierarchy</title>

      <mediaobject>
        <imageobject>
          <imagedata fileref="images/configuration.gif" />
        </imageobject>
      </mediaobject>
    </figure>

results in an empty table in the generated PDF. The HTML looks great and
has the image in place.

Is there a work around for this? Am I using the wrong mark-up?

Also when using docbook directly, code listings placed inside a
<programlisting> element loose there spacing and all run together in the
PDF. The HTML looks great though.
Is there a way to fix this?