forrest-user mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Recommendations for URL-based i18n like at www.verit.de?
Date Wed, 17 May 2006 23:36:42 GMT
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

> But then there's the generation of tabs, menus etc. where I'd like to
> avoid rewriting existing Forrest pipelines, as much as possible.
>
> Before I dig too deep, does anyone have recommendations about how to
> best implement this? Appropriate "pipeline plugin" points? Or is that
> a standard feature that I missed completely?

Welcome Bertrand.

There is a lot of i18n stuff that already works properly
in Forrest, but we lack documentation (yes the usual issue).

http://forrest.apache.org/faq.html#i18n

There is a good article by Cheche, one of our committers.
http://casa.che-che.com/blog/2005/05/10/internalization-a-site-using-forrest-07-dev/

See an example in our 'forrest seed' sample site.
cd my-new-dir
forrest seed
turn on i18n in forrest.properties (off by default)
forrest run

There is an Internationalisation category in our Jira.
Careful, there is some misinformation in some issues
and mail threads.

There were complaints in our email archives that nothing
worked. However some of us sat with Cheche at ApacheCon
EU 2005 and it all seemed to work properly.

-David