forrest-user mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Using Docbook
Date Wed, 17 May 2006 06:24:02 GMT
Brian M Dube wrote:
> Johnson, Eric wrote:
> >I'm trying to use docbook files as part of the source to Forrest (v7.0).
> >I want to be able to use docbook and document v2.0. I've tried to get a
> >match and transform working, but to date all I can get is an empty html
> >file as output.
>
> The following worked for me, although I tested it with v0.8-dev. The
> stylesheet naming convention has changed since v0.7 and I included the
> backwards change in the pasted copy below, but I did not test this with
> v0.7.

Thanks Brian. I had been trying to develop a similar answer
but couldn't get mine to work properly. Your example helped.

I documented that solution at
http://forrest.apache.org/docs/faq.html#docbook

> You may also want to use local copies of the DocBook stylesheets as well.

Definitely. Otherwise it is a very big downlaod.
Cocoon will probably cache the pieces after the
first document is processed. But still.

-David