forrest-user mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject LocationMapModule input module (Was: startup problems forrest)
Date Wed, 17 May 2006 02:04:16 GMT
Ard Schrijvers wrote:

> > > cause: Could not find component for role:
> > [org.apache.cocoon.components.modules.input.InputModule/lm]
> > (Key='org.apache.cocoon.components.modules.input.InputModule/lm')
> > >
> > > I donwloaded the zip at 10th of may. Could it have been
> > broken, or am I doing something wrong (of course, probably
> > the last, but I just cant figure out what..)
> >
> > Not you, but we did something wrong following the 0.7 release.
> >
> > http://forrest.apache.org/faq.html#older-plugins
> > in forrest.properties specify
> > org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.projectInfo-0.1
> >

> Great, this did the job. I still have one more question. I always find it hard to grasb
when I go to www.apache.org, and I want to achieve something, then, which framework is the
one for me? Which one should I use? Will I achieve my goals with struts, JSF, cocoon, MyFaces,
Perl, or forrest. Of course, these will depend on what the goal is, and I don't expect anyone
to be able to know the differences between ALL frameworks.

> But, since I have quite a lot of cocoon experience,
> but not with forrest, I really hoped somebody could
> explain me what the key difference between the 2 is
> (I actually started looking at forrest because we have
> been using "org.apache.cocoon.components.modules.input.LocationMapModule"
> for quite some time, but, it is not part of cocoon anymore.
> It moved to forrest)?

As far as i know, the Locationmap started life at Forrest
and is still here. See Subversion revision 8960 and then
111698 where the package namesapce was changed.

Many thanks to Unico.

It would be fantastic to make it into a Cocoon block so that
it is more widely available. Probably still managed at Forrest.

> Is forrest a layer upon cocoon enabling different output
> formats for publishing and offering some default skins?

Essentially yes. But also different input formats.

We package the core of Cocoon-2.2 and a selection of
Cocoon Blocks with Forrest. You can add more Cocoon blocks
as needed.

-David